Monday, February 1, 2010

French Ruffle Dress

I love Etsy.  I have been known to waste many an afternoon just browsing all the handmade items in awe of all the creativity out there.  I took sewing as a project in 4-H and didn't really appreciate it at the time.  It wasn't until recently that I decided to get back into sewing, mainly sewing clothing for my daughter.  This french ruffle dress is a pattern I found here on Etsy.  I was looking for something with long sleeves, thought it was adorable and it looked simple.  I chose Moda Fabrics' print Tweedle Dee - Sugar 32103-11 from their Wonderland collection.  I used some red ribbon from my stash for the piece across the front.  I also used one of my daughter's elastic hair ties for the button hook on the back rather than buying some elastic and it works wonderfully!  The only change I made were the ruffles on the sleeve cuffs, which I thought was a nice addition.

Moda Wonderland Tweedle Dee - Sugar 32103-11



No comments:

Post a Comment